It appears virtually impossible to protect yourself against exposure to the swine flu so the value of wearing masks is doubtful. Below are six suggestions from Dr. Vinay Goyal that seemed very reasonable practical to me. His suggestions are all natural and noninvasive.
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. Resist touching your face with your hands if possible. Exposure comes through the nose and throat.
3. Gargle with warm salt water two times a day. This prevents proliferation once exposed. While gargling, also cleanse your nostrils. I personally sniff up water through my nose while taking a shower.
4. Get plenty of Vitamin C through the foods you eat or supplements you take. If you are taking vitamin C supplements, Dr. Goyal recommends they contain zinc to boost absorption.
5. Drink warm liquids like tea or coffee. This was a new one for me but I like the suggestion because I love to drink hot tea all day long. Apparently, drinking warm liquids washes the virus from the throat into the stomach where it cannot survive or do significant harm.
Some people I talk with have concerns about taking the flu shots which they fear may cause more health problems than they solve. Randy Mentzer, a compounding pharmacist and nutritional counselor who is my my consultant in such matters, informs me there is a homeopathic remedy for the swine flu. This is what Randy writes about this remedy:
There is a homeopathic remedy for swine flue. This is a h1n1 nosode which is liquid. For those of you not familiar with homeopathy, the FDA has never found any side effects associated with homeopathic products.
To help prevent the h1n1 virus, adults are suggested to take 10-15 drops under the tongue once a week 30 minutes before meals. Children aged 4-12 should take one-half the dose.
The therapeutic dose for adults is 10 drops under the tongue three times daily 30 minutes before meals.
Children should take 5 drops under the tongue three times daily 30 minutes before meals.
I cannot personally guarantee that if you take all the precautions in the world and use the homeopathic nosode h1n1 exactly as recommended that you won’t get the flu, but it is an alternative if you are concerned about the flu shot and it probably won’t make you sick.
When you search on the terms “h1n1 nosode” you will see a listing of places that carry this particular remedy. If you have questions, you can always e mail Randy at: email@example.com. He is an invaluable resource.
My radio show today focuses on the issues the Swine Flu threat poses for anyone who has the symptoms of Parkinsons. My very special guest is Cynthia Gilbertson, author of Cecily the Cell and organizer of a 2007 Parkinson’s conference on alternative and complementary therapies in New York City.
You can listen to the program which shows at 11:00 pacific time Thursday, May 30th, by clicking the slider below or by calling 347-945-5358 to listen. Signal your interest in being on the show by pushing the number one on your phone dial after you call in.