Naturopath John Coleman, ND, will be my guest on Parkinsons Recovery Radio October 4th. Â An overview of the program and a set of questions he will answer follow.
Robert Rodgers PhD
Road to Recovery from Parkinsons Disease
There is a strong view among adventurous healthcare professionals that Parkinsonâ€™s disease is not a distinct, separate â€œdiseaseâ€, but one possible set of symptoms arising from one or more causes that create a degenerative process.
Other â€œdiseasesâ€ that may arise from these causes include Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Multiple System Atrophy, Motor Neurone Disease/ALS, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Cardiovascular disease, Alzheimerâ€™s disease, Dementia, Type 2 Diabetes, certain cancers, and many others.
When viewed in this way, likely causes become clearer and treatment options widen dramatically. Modern research is now showing significant benefits from â€œfolk medicineâ€ and â€œold wivesâ€™ remediesâ€ like food choices, appropriate hydration, dancing, singing, gentle detoxification activities, self-love and meditation.
Letâ€™s look at Parkinsonâ€™s disease as a set of symptoms, discover the individual pathway that led each person to this point, and deal with the causes to create wellness.www.returntostillness.com.au
- What evidence is there for the idea that Parkinsonâ€™s disease is simply a set of symptoms rather than a distinct disease?
- What are the causes or processes that may lead to degeneration and diagnosis of a â€œdiseaseâ€.
- How can we find the cause or causes for each individual when western medicine struggles to even diagnose Parkinsonâ€™s disease accurately?
- Are there some simple diagnostic tools to help us?
- Are there some general health-giving activities and choices that apply no matter what cause is discovered?
- You list three basic causes for all degenerative disorders. Can we talk about some basic treatment options for each one?
- Suppressed trauma
- Environmental toxins
- Stealth infections
- How much of the recovery process depends on the patient?
- You talk about some specific therapies in presentations – Aqua Hydration Formulasâ„¢ and Bowen Therapy. Is there any evidence supporting their use for those diagnosed with Parkinsonâ€™s disease?
- â€œStop Parkinâ€™ and Start Livinâ€™â€ was published in 2005. Have you changed your views on any aspects of treatment since then?
- There is a lot of talk about the â€œMediterranean Dietâ€ for those with Parkinsonâ€™s disease. Do you think this is the best diet to choose?
- Research has been published purporting to show that coffee (3-6 cups daily) is protective against Parkinsonâ€™s disease (and a number of other conditions) and is a useful dietary supplement. Do you agree?
- If a person develops Parkinsonâ€™s disease-like symptoms, and/or is diagnosed with Parkinsonâ€™s disease, what are your top tips for moving forward towards good health?